Porsche Informatik offers internships within the framework of school or university education around the year – primarily in software development, and occasionally in the network, client and server teams. As an intern with us, you profit from a variety of benefits that our regular staff also enjoy: including proportional holiday and Christmas bonuses and days of Holiday.
- Successfully completed 10th year of school
- At least 16 years of age when starting the internship
- Successfully passing a logic exercise
- In software development: Basic competencies in Java, C++, HTML and CSS
- Internship duration is at least four weeks; at least six weeks in software, preferably two months
To start with we need the following information from you:
- CV and photograph
- An informative cover letter, briefly presenting you and listing your IT competencies as well as when you would like your internship to be
- Current school or university report (or confirmation of enrolment)
- For required internships: desired department (software development or infrastructure – network, server, client)
Your Summer Internship in software development begins with one week of basic training. The Porsche Informatik Summer TecAdemy, which is held at the beginning of July (your actual internship schedule is variable to a certain extent), covers the following topics:
Java Syntax introduction and workshop
- Unit Test with TestNG
- Tapestry Programming and Workshop
- Databases and SQL
High school leaving certificate projects and university theses
You’d like the results of your thesis to be put into practice and implemented in real projects? Then a bachelor or master thesis at Porsche Informatik is ideal.
We always have a range of interesting topics ideal for school or university projects. Already got a topic for your bachelor or master thesis? Simply send us a brief description of your project and we will find out about possibilities for working with our specialist departments. All of the details of the execution of your work, especially agreements on any utilisation rights, are set out in a written agreement between you and the supervisor of your work at Porsche Informatik.
In addition to specialist supervision, you will gain insight into practice and naturally a definite advantage should you decide to make this the stepping stone for a career with us: Many of our members today set course for joining Porsche Informatik during their internships.
Porsche Informatik exped-IT-ion
School classes (from technical schools or with a clear IT focus) can participate in a ca. three-hour Porsche Informatik exped-IT-ion, gaining an insight into the various professions in IT as well as starting points and careers in our company. We also provide job application training on request.
Please supply the following information at least four weeks before the desired visit:
- Name of educational institution (specialisation)
- Contract person and details (telephone number and email address)
- Group size (at least 10, no more than 25 + 1 accompanying person)
- Date and time
If you are studying Information Technology & Systems Management (full-time) at Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, you can benefit from an attractive support package. In addition to receiving financial support, you will gain initial hands-on experience, make important contacts in the IT world, and perhaps lay the foundations for a successful career at our company.
The support package includes:
- Part-time position at Porsche Informatik
- € 680 gross/month (11 hours/week; flexible working hours to suit your circumstances, e.g. the number of working hours can be reduced during intensive study periods or increased during the holidays.)
- Monthly accommodation allowance
- Payment of tuition fees
- Fixed internship position
Are you studying towards a master’s in IT, data science or mathematics at Salzburg University or have you already earned at least 120 ECTS on your bachelor’s IT programme? Would you like to gain professional experience in your field as well as earning money alongside your studies? Then #studySMART #workSMART is just the thing for you.
- Graduation with practical experience (part-time work 11h/week)
- Attractive remuneration: €685 gross per month (14 times a year)
- Accommodation allowance: €120 per month (12 times a year)
- Practical experience credited towards the degree (depending on course)
- Work at a modern, innovative, international company
- Build an initial network in the professional world
- Possibility of permanent employment after graduating